Old 12-05-08, 03:55 PM
NOS88

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
I'm thinking civil suit for a nagging neck injury..... Hmmmmm, a second house somewhere would be nice.

I suspect this guy is a jerk pretty much anywhere he goes. He's one of the reasons I've studied martial arts for the past 30 years. Reaching for my head would be a definite no, no. On the other hand, I'm hopeful that I would find a more tactful way to "educate" the other rider that his actions (not riding with a light) put he, his girlfriend and others in danger. Calling out "get a light" is probably not the best way to do this. Perhaps striking up a conversation and introducing the idea in a more friendly manner would be more effective.

However, what happened is what happened. Hence, I think it is important to keep in mind that the guy following him home after trying to run him off the road can't be seen as anything other than aggression. And when dealing with aggression you're a half step away from dealing with violence. Hence, despite wanting to "teach the guy a lesson" by inflicting physical pain on him when and if he reached toward my head, I would hope I could avoid that by behaving in a submissive manner... That it, I would apologize for upsetting him. You never know, he could have a gun, and 30 years of martial arts training hasn't yet prepared me to outrun or block bullets.

It is truly an unfortunate incident.