View Single Post
Old 12-05-08, 08:13 PM
unprintable

Bikes: 1972 Raleigh Super Course - Green

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Looking for a fork that will replace the one on my green Super Course (1972). It's a 23.5" model, and I believe the steerer is something close to 195mm, according to a shop dude here. If anyone happens to have same bike model, that'd be awesome, but it doesn't have to match. It does have to be straight, of course.

If I can't get anything for that then I guess I'm looking for a bike 56-58cm. Something that I could tour with, but also use for everyday commuting/joyriding (I don't have more than the Super Course, as it is), hopefully kind of fast/light. I can't really spend more than $200, unfortunately.

I guess I could trade a Shimano Nexus 7-speed hub SG-7R40 laced to an Araya rim (doesn't include the anti-rotation washer or shifter) or a Shimano XT triple crankset (with BB-UN72). If the bike is complete I could also offer up a fixie wheelset I built up over the summer and have ridden only a couple hundred miles at most. Nashbar flip/flop hubs laced to Mavic Open 20 rims with DT 14/15 double-butted spokes, Dura-Ace 15t cog. I'll take pictures for anyone interested.