Old 12-06-08, 07:53 PM
skinnyguy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Did a FTP/LTHR test today w/ good results

I haven't completed on of these on my trainer since May of this year and since i have trained more this year i wanted to compare from my previous results. In my last test i did the friel test and used the last 20min of a 30min effort to calcualte my LTHR. at that time i rode my trainer @ 31.72km/h for the last 20min @ 187bpm. today i decided to go for one hour straight and get a real reading of my FTP/LTHR to my surprise i was able to average 193bpm @ 31.13km/h. the first 30min was averaged @ 31.72km/h the second @ 30.54km/h. here is my dilema. i don't have a power meter all i have is this chart from the minoura website about a given wattage at any certain speed.
http://www.johnhenrybikes.com/learn/...er-review.html

according to this if it is correct i would be around 300w for the hour. i weight 56.81kg and that would mean 5.28 w/kg. how accurate would you say that chart is? i have only been riding a year and a half and while i think i am a strong rider i can't really see this a totally possible. i mean it could be but??? i really need a power meter i guess.

i guess the w/kg really kicks in on the mountains which we have none of here in SW Ontario and 300w makes me an average rider on the flats. I think i live in the wrong area to take advantage of my body makeup.