Old 12-07-08, 08:14 PM
ridethecliche
Batüwü Creakcreak

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked 288 Times in 160 Posts
Originally Posted by ericm979
A)Didn't you take measurements before you started changing stuff?

B)The SRM shouldnt' affect your fit, unless you got different length crank arms than you are used to. In which case that might be the problem.

When I have tried to set my seat height using the "raise it till your hips rock, then lower a bit" method I have wound up with a seat that's way too high, and pain in the back of my knees on long rides. C) I lowered it until I could feel that my pedal stroke was effective all the way through at the bottom, and it wound up being close to the LeMond formula.
A)No. The *ONE* time I got ahead of myself... I had a piece of tape stuck on my seatpost, but I threw that away after I had to lower my post past that point. Bleh...

B)Q factor changed by a bit. I have a leg length discrepancy that I had adjusted my cleats for and a dartfish fit had shown that my knees and such were about the same. I might go back for a fit in the spring and try to see if shims and such will help.

C)Will try this.

Just as a question for everyone. When you set your seat height, if you're pedaling on a trainer and you stop with your foot at the very bottom of the stroke, can you push your butt off the saddle only by applying force instead of moving your foot?

This might be totally wrong, but I think that might correlate to having your seat too high if you can't move your behind at all, and if it's too low you're going to be moving it a lot?

Last edited by ridethecliche; 12-07-08 at 08:19 PM.