Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: France and UK
Bikes: check my signature
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My latest conversion for rough stuffing is this 1995 Giant Terrago. Added parts include :
- Pletscher Athlete rear rack
- Louis panniers 2 x 20 litres (german make for motorcycle)
- XLC 80 mm adjustable quill stem
- Continental Traffic 2.1 tires (too heavy but excellent grip)
- Brooks Flyer saddle (not on the picture)
- 3 bottle cages, the bottom one holds the tool kit so I always have easy access to it
- No name aluminum handlebar 1.5" rise, 60 cm wide with barends placed between the grips and the levers for a different hands position, always welcome during long journeys and giving a kind of aero position (good against bloody headwinds !).
I love it.
Total cost ? Well something around 250 euros, the (used) bike itself was 80.
Last edited by Karloman; 12-09-08 at 07:02 AM.