View Single Post
Old 12-11-08, 09:46 PM
WPeabody 

Bikes: Terratrike Tour, recumbent tadpole tricycle.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
Personally I prefer to ride in the street in town instead of the badly planned bike lanes with the glass and potholes.
Yesterday while driving I followed a couple on bikes, the man seemed used to riding, the woman was behaving as though new at it, she wobbled nervously as I came up in my car, but I stayed well back, because I didn't know what she would do. Then she signaled a left turn meaning she was taking the lane. (I always take the lane at that same area so that I'm more visible to the overtaking cars, at the curve) and also because I'd be making a left turn in about 50 yards.
I saw a huge "pod" of cyclists one day, and I wished I was on my bike instead of in my car. The more bikes on that road, the more drivers will realize bikes are out there, and are more likely to keep an eye out for them.
So, I voted yes, because I would prefer to be a vehicular cyclist in places where the speed limit is below 40 mph. Preferably, 35 mph and lower, but I have found being more in the road is safer, with some common sense in place, of course.