Old 12-12-08, 06:00 AM
Jim from Boston

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 171 Posts
Originally Posted by J.C. Koto
Jim from Boston,

I remember reading that thread back in August and being inspired by your post #47 -- linked here for quick reference.

I haven't needed to use your advice yet, but frankly, I can't wait to try it out!
Thanks for your nice reply. Here's what dekindy said:

Originally Posted by dekindy
I will have to admit that I am truly amazed. It only got down to 32 degrees Fahrenheit with no wind chill this evening. That is still a good test. I had zero fogging!

I simply added a pair of safety glasses as suggested by Jim from Boston... I wear a Foxwear balaclava (positioned so that it does not cover my nose or mouth) and my Adidas Gazelle glasses with optical inserts. Normally they fog so much when I stop that I cannot see anything. I had zero fogging tonight! I would have to add that I also wiped my lenses with Clarity Fog Eliminator wipes. This only helped marginally in the past but I wanted to mention it. Apparently keeping the cold wind deflected lets the lenses stay warm enough to prevent fog from forming. I will test this in colder temperatures. For now I am completely sold!..
This morning I was listening to a talk show and Jim from Boston called in--that's how I'm introduced when I call in and chose that as my user name ;-)