Old 12-14-08, 12:32 PM
LesterOfPuppets
cowboy, steel horse, etc

Bikes: everywhere

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12736 Post(s)
Liked 7,647 Times in 4,055 Posts
I don't think anyone's "pent up." Since no details were offered up, it's kinda fun (edit: REALLy FUN) to imagine what they could be, and get crazy with speculation.

Since the title included the word "found" and the words "Holy Grail", I was guessing the frame/fork and a couple bits were found in a dumpster and that you figured they were worth $5,000 and perhaps you should contact the Smithsonian about your find, hehehe.

Then into the body of your message comes this "beloved" word, wow! Now that you've included details, most of the fun speculation phase can come to an end. I think between shady and buckwheat's posts, you have a good idea of value at this point.

One more bit of speculation exists. Are you asking built-up and parted-out prices to ascertain whether you should spend time/money to rebuild the bike, as it seems to be mostly dismantled at the time ??? If that's the case, I would guess that no, it's not worth the time/money. Simply clean/lube the parts to the best of your abilities before putting them on the block.

If you want on-point answers, ask on-point questions. You might still get called a newb cuz you can't post pics, but if you're hurt by that, well....

Last edited by LesterOfPuppets; 12-14-08 at 12:36 PM.