View Single Post
Old 12-14-08, 08:44 PM
Horsetuna

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
New member, old cyclist!

Hello everyone! I found this forum as a way to get advice about my bike. I've been a bike owner since I was in kindergarten (I remember my first two wheeler without training wheels or a clutch break - I ran right into the raspberry bushes the first ride!), although I havent' SERIOUSLY gotten into bike maintenance until this year.

Oh sure, I could change a tire since I was a teen, but that's it.

Since picking up Malone though, and seeing as one of my best friends is a Bike messenger with five bikes of his own (At least.), I've wanted to really learn to take BETTER care of my only mode of non-foot-transportation.

When I got him at the Good Life bike shop (a community, donation driven shop where they offer donation-run classes for everyone), he had two flat tires, no reflectors and a broken bell.

Since then, with help of my Boss and others at the shop, I've put on the rack on his back, and the reflectors and since that photo, also added a battery lamp to the front and back.

I also had to recently change out a tube as the old one was broken (probaby original considering the condition).

Currently, he's at work as I biked to work the other day and it snowed heavily, so I can't get him home. That's ok though. When its quiet in the evenings the boss lets me work on him so long as I clean up, and the Boss has all the tools you need almost.

I will be asking questions on these forums about him though, as I want to change out the tires for new ones (or clean them up so those white parts are whit again) and repaint him as well as a few other maintenance things!

Oh, I also live in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, I'm 27 and a woman.