View Single Post
Old 12-15-08, 11:07 AM
MyPC8MyBrain
Shut Up and Ride

Bikes: Cannondale t-700 [commuter], Cannondale MT-800 [Tandem so the Lil Misses can keep up], GT I drive Team [My tricked out Racer MTB]

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Well to report back... they work really, really well.

Black shiny ice that you can't even walk on.... no problema. You have to turn surprisingly hard to get much slippage. Be careful when you put your foot down at a stop on the shiny ice.. your shoes dont have studs. lol

Untracked 3" snow- It's just like skiing powder. Nice smooth and in control. You have to ride with your weight back a bit, like in sand or soft dirt but it's very much in control. Snow doesn't seem to build up in the tread.

Packed snow... just like riding asphalt on the straights, corners have great grip.

Rutted hardpack... hang on when you change tracks . But I think that's going to be the same with any tire. It's not the tires slipping but climbing out of one track and dropping into another that works against your balance.

LOL "screw walmart"
You don't like money ? If you want to pay double for a fancy label, more power to ya. I think these days I like to rathole as much cash as I can.

These tires seem to work great and they are less than $80 FOR A PAIR.