View Single Post
Old 12-18-08, 05:37 PM
JustinOlson

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Damaged Cannondale Capo, What to do?

I purchased a Cannondale Capo off of ebay from a bike shop that had listed the bike w/ a "Buy It Now" option. The bike was listed as a NEW condition 2008 Capo. Here is what I received. I'm trying to figure out what to do to fix up the frame, so it doesn't look like crap. I have been thinking of having the frame sandblasted then having it hard anodized. Will the smoothed out weld joints look like crap? Does Cannondale use brazed on filler to give the welds a smooth look? Or do they grind down the aluminum welds?

Attached are my camera phone pictures. I will have higher quality pictures of the bike as it arrived this coming week. I'm very frustrated with the bike shop that sold me this bike. They won't cover shipping back to them if I want to return the bike. So I'm going to loose out on atleast $60 because they lied about the condition of the bicycle. To make things worse they poorly packaged the bike and additional damage was done during shipping. The frame, fork, and wheels all have some damage. Not what I was expecting...

Regards,
Justin