View Single Post
Old 12-18-08, 08:07 PM
livingfortoday

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rust issues with Kryptonite locks?

Hi all, I have a question about Kryptonite U-Locks. I used a New York Fahgettaboudit lock for about 6 months last year until it started getting rust on the inside and started getting stuck and only smacking it on pavement would open it up. I assumed I had gotten a dud, and mailed it to Kryptonite with a note explaining the situation (I never heard back), and got myself a Kryptonite Evolution Mini since it was on sale. I've had no problems with it, and am happy as a clam.

Thing is, I assumed my New York lock was just a lemon, so I got my girlfriend the New York STD lock from Kryptonite around the same time I got my Mini (6-8 months ago). Now SHE'S having the same damn rust issue! It's not like she leaves the bike outdoors, either - it's either in our apartment, or in a covered parking garage at work.

So I have no idea what to do - do I buy another Kryptonite lock and hope it'll last more than 6 months Do I get another brand? Has anyone else been having problems like this with the New York locks?