zoste
VoodooChile

Bikes: Salsa Casseroll

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sstorkel
I'll second this advice. Swapping the skewers over only takes a couple of extra seconds. I'd much rather ruin the cheap skewer included with my Kurt Kinetic Road Machine than the nice skewer that came with my new Easton EA90 SL wheels...

Other advice: drenching your bike frame with sweat is a good way to ruin the paint. Cover the top tube with a towel or remember to wipe the bike down after using it on the trainer. Setting up a fan to blow cool air at you can also help minimize the amount of sweat that ends up on the bike.
Yep - I drape a towel from the handlebars along the top tube.

Gap, I love the trainer, though I've only been using it for about two weeks now. I got a couple of Spinervals DVD's. The DVD's really are a tough workout and help to concentrate on the task at hand rather than mindlessly turning the cranks. If you just hop on the thing and pedal while reading a book or watching TV you really aren't getting much of a workout. You really need to do the intervals, sprints etc. The DVD's aren't anything that you can't get for free on the internet, but they DO keep you focused.

EDIT: Just noticed that you mentioned getting a training vid with your Jet

Last edited by zoste; 12-18-08 at 08:40 PM.