View Single Post
Old 12-19-08, 08:24 AM
Rhystic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm not really a nutritionist, and my diet is laughable but I believe you can increase performance and lose weight, its happened with my run time anyway. I usually cut the gels and food on rides, keep a bottle of water and a bottle of endurox which usually has enough to keep going for a 90 mile ride albeit feel exhausted after. I also find that after the ride Im really hungry but post three/four hour ride if I didnt eat when I was really hungry Im not really hungry at all, so I usually just eat a cup of rice.

I think cutting your calorie intake is fine, just make sure it doesnt interfere with other stuff in your life.

Also weight lifting will make you gain muscle weight, but if you have a lot more fat than you care for right now, a ton more muscle can still weigh less than all that fat. (Its kinda weird, I was 146 before I started doing anything, and Im 134 after taking up triathlon running, biking, and weight lifting [to some extent... still cant bench past 140 ._.) but my weight decreased.. not by 20 pounds though (time frame of weight loss was about a little over a month. So far the weight hasn't come back and this was back in mid august)

In terms of performance, not sure if it helps everyone, but my friend in the army said for some runs sometimes he would just drink a couple cups of black coffee (its probably not to healthy in the sense of increased heart rate through drug) and it made a world of difference in performance.

I tried it with biking, and not so much a world of difference, but I felt I could sustain a higher cadence for a while (once it starts wearing off though around the 40 - 50 mile); it does help running though a little bit better, perhaps because the time frame is no where near as long.

I think the main flaw in your post for the diet is the that your trying to fill up your glycogen stores again... shouldnt you be trying to decrease this so your body has to tap into your fat thats already there rather than replenishing the fat lost? (Again Im not a nutritionist so Icould be wrong in what I just said).

Sorry if the post was utterly useless.