New account: KlunkerBiker

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
New guy from the Central Valley, CA

Hello everyone at BF,

My name is Laurence; I'm from the Central Valley, CA, and am somewhat newly married (14 mos.). I have recently been reintroduced to riding by a very good friend within the last year, and now have 3 roadworthy bikes, and one I will be building in the near future. I have been employed, until recently, as a salesperson, but due to the difficulties in the economy I currently am investigating a new way to earn a living.

My current bicycles are:
-An '06 Marin Venezia road bike which I don’t like at all, but it was a great deal when I purchased it and has really gotten me serious about my bicycling.
-An '83 Univega Alpina Sport 21", which is a bit big for me, but it belonged to my grandfather so I keep it on the road for sentimental reasons, and it now acts as my urban commuter.
-An early 70's Campania Medalist (Japanese Campy at its worst), which I have converted to a fixed gear for the local bike path. I love riding this bike, but it needs brakes.
-My project build is a '62 Schwinn Tiger cantilever frame. This too will be fixed, but I hope to make it a bit more "modern" as I'm not a big fan of restorations.

I am currently building the "love-of-my-life" (my wife, fyi) a '71 Schwinn Breeze, where I have cleaned, polished and waxed, the patina'ed frame, and will be a bike path cruiser for her to join rides with friends.

I am really enjoying leaning about bicycle mechanics, and am also doing a quick clean-up of a vintage Campy Record equipped Swiss bike for my father-in-law who hopes to get back to riding as well. I hope to attend UBI soon to learn more.

I will try to post pics of my bikes to the appropriate sections soon, and I look forward to getting to know some of you.

Laurence