Old 12-24-08, 01:45 AM
PlatyPius
Arsehole

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by DavidW56
Greencastle?? I just noticed you're from Greencastle. Only tonight I first heard of Greencastle because my son was stuck in traffic on I-70 due to closures due to snow, and I was helping him look for exits and motels. It took him five hours -- no exaggeration -- to make it from around the Illinois line to Plainfield. He called from that stretch of nothing between exit 23 and exit 37, and I was looking for hotels in Cloverdale and possibly Greencastle. Nothing. All full. In fact, he said everyone on the freeway was exiting to Cloverdale, and the pavement was a skating rink, so he got right back on the freeway. Finally, at midnight, he called to say he got one of the last rooms in the last hotel available, the Cambria Inn. It was so icy he felt he should walk across the road to the Burger King rather than drive.

He is in the Army and has been driving home for Christmas from Fort Hood, Texas since Monday morning.
Yup, Greencastle. We were all stuck in town today. All roads out of Greencastle were closed. (US 231 and US240)

I know the owners of the Cambria Inn.