Thread: Pake?
View Single Post
Old 12-24-08, 02:14 AM
VDB_fan
46x17

Bikes: davidson pursuit, pake' crap heap..

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
if u can get the green one. better forks. i have one, along w a davidson braised pursuit bike, and a centurion conversion.. i like my pake best.

ive had lots of bikes in the 10+yrs ive been riding (khs aero, basso, sycip, bianchi, schwinn paramount, waterford, and a cannondale), and im afraid the thin stuff like my davidson is gonna break if i actually get rough w it.

so i ride the pake or the centurion conversion more often. i ride 57 normally, its a 51.. it's fun learning tricks on a smaller frame..

i work for a frame builder/painter that gets LOTS of frame repairs.. he sticks his nose up at lots of chinese made stuff.. we fix airborne ti bikes and bob jacksons all day in america. even he gave the pake's durable build a nod of approval and stocked them. i have seen 4 somas and 2 salsas 1 bob jackson and some other entry level track bike.. some italian named ****e.. come in broken in the last 3 months.

if u are gentle, get something light.. thin.. enjoy

if u are buying it to ride like a skateboard.. pake is stupid cheap.

raleighs are better but more $$. pista concept too.. bare knuckle is in between.. but unless u can afford them, get the pake w the lugged fork. they should only cost under 200$ if u work in a shop like mr 20lb black pake from colorado. he quoted a price that's less than wholesale.. so i dunno if u can expect that..

i have a 650 on the ft.. so prolly plan on that.. i dont think any the bikes mentioned are 700c barspinnable 'cept for the raleigh i think.

ok. have fun.