View Single Post
Old 12-28-08, 08:10 AM
Neil_B

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Originally Posted by txvintage
A less expensive cycling specific alternative is the performance knee sock currently priced at $8.99 and generic black.

http://www.performancebike.com/shop/...tegory_ID=1320

I had thought about trying some of these but went with the leg warmer under the tights idea. That way I also have an option for when it's just a bit chilly and I want leg covering and don't want to wear the tights.

Soccer socks may very well work. We have around , 2 dozen pairs all over the place around here. Unfortunately I couldn't get them over my calves if I used axle grease. Not to mention the kiddo would very unhappy with me if I tried, hehehe. Avoiding the wrath of the 18 yr old female off spring is second on my daily to do list, right after avoiding the wrath of the Spousal Unit.

I have a few pair of the dirt bike socks as well. You need to be aware that these are very very thick since MX/Off Road boots are worn a bit too big to accomadate them. I doubt that if your current footwear fits appropriately that you would be able to comfortably wear a pair of these with them. They rock for cold weather camping though.
Thanks for the tip. I routinely wear two pairs of socks in cold weather, so these Performance items probably will fit the bill.