Old 12-29-08, 01:33 PM
unixpro
Laid back bent rider

Bikes: Bacchetta Giro 20

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm another with Apnea. I've got the whole schmear with apnea and restless leg both. I take a pill for the restless leg and have a machine for the apnea. The machine works pretty well most of the time, and I have no complaints. I will note that my machine is a Bi-Pap (Bi-Level Continuous Positive Air Pressure), as opposed to just a Cpap. The difference is that a Bi-Pap uses one pressure (higher) for inhalation and another for exhalation.

I was also diagnosed by a clinic that specializes in sleep disorders. They had me come in for an overnight stay to begin. They hooked me up to a bunch of monitors and told me to go to sleep. Once they had a baseline, they tried a couple of different machines and levels on me. After my doctor got the results, she wrote out a prescription for a machine, which was covered 100% by my insurance. I now go back to her once every 6 months or so.

Sleep apnea can be a real problem. More importantly to me on a daily basis, though, is the fact that I get a better nights sleep, meaning that I only fall asleep when my wife or boss is trying to have a "meaningful conversation"