Old 12-29-08, 05:45 PM
Fantasminha

Bikes: Giant FCR, Scott CR1 Team, Fuji Newest 3.0

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by evblazer
I came >< close to buying studded tires for my hurricane because of ice.. I mean studded tires in Texas!?!?! Sprinklers and ____ homeowners and business lots icing up the street I did ride in today avoiding most of the areas I know to have spinkler fanatics and it worked out pretty well. I think this has been an odd winter or perhaps I haven't been paying attention the previous years. Alot of days so far of 32 degree or less wakeups where ice is a danger.

It is windy and it is too cold down here considering the heat we have to deal with for so long during the summer. Forget waiting till it cools down in the evening to go outside during the summer because it doesn't until a couple hours before sunrise.
Too true evblazer. I think I could put up with some cold winters to have a guarantee that the summer wouldn't be above 100*. It's really hard to pedal home from work at 6p when it's still broad daylight and 100+ degrees. I had to buy a 3 liter do-dad (dunno what you call it) for my camelback this last summer!