Old 12-30-08, 08:19 PM
djnzlab1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
PS they don't unclip if the cleats get loose

HI,
The 2 bolt patterns become rather sticky if the bolt or screw gets loose on the cleat no amount of twisting will free the clip I once had to hop on one foot and release the tie downs on the shoe and slide my foot out.
I now monitor the ease I unclip and clip if one shoe seems dicey I stop the bike take off the shoe and check the bolts on the clips, to be sure they are tight. tighter the better Most LBS have a wrench for putting a little more pressure on those clips the tighter they are the easier they release. ANd some clips need a little spacer between the clip and the shoe a we bit rubber washer like thing that can make a big difference on clearance.
I now have applied locktight blue to all screw/bolts on my shoes to prevent the losening of the clips while ridding it is a bit unerving when it first happens do this after your sure if you like the set up I ve tried the forward clip and the back setup and seem to like the forward for spinning for me it prevents knee pain too.
PSPS while you new to clipless always unlip the right foot first that way if there's a problem you will most likely go down to the right that way you may avoid being in front of a car as the event occurs
as your pullin on the clip you start to lean toward the foot your tugging on and thats the way you fall so unclip right first you should fall to the right if your stuck.
I have fallen seven times this year all were slow motion due to unclipping prior to stopping , you could say I am real slow learner.DUH, please post any bloody arms,legs or knee's pictures so you can join the ranks of the fallen ones...
Doug
I ve tried a few and prefer the crank brother beater pedals they seem to release much easier than many other's I ve tried , to each their own. I have two pairs of Looks that i dont use..

Last edited by djnzlab1; 12-30-08 at 09:09 PM.