Old 01-03-09, 09:01 AM
TandemGeek
hors category

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
The Bulletin Board at http://www.thetandemlink.com has been updated. The actual Links to the full stories, etc, that are the basis for my summaries are available here: http://www.thetandemlink.com.

------------------

JANUARY 3rd UPDATE (933)

The Devil Does It Again - If you're a fan of professional cycling or have at least watched the Tour de France chances are you're seen Didi Senft, the guy who dresses up as the devil or "El Diablo". Didi has at least one other claim to fame and that's a penchant for building the largest and smallest bicycles and tandem bicycles in the world. You can see his latest creation, the Guitar Bicycle, along with his monster-sized tandem by clicking HERE or you can visit his Website where you'll find a few photos of his museum: http://www.tourteufel.de/html/museum.html

In the Blogoshpere: Jeff & Louse Davis, Seattle, WA - As noted in their Blog profile, Jeff and Louise are retired tandem enthusiasts who have created something of a travel log with accounts and photos from their various journeys that you can find HERE.

Tandem Folks in the News: Brian & Barbara Thompson of the UK - Retirees Brian and Barbara Thompson traveled to Australia over the Christmas holiday to visit family and to tackle the 150-mile long Great Ocean Road. Read the complete story HERE.

Bike Friday & Co-Motion Featured in Bicycle Retailer & Industry News (BRAIN) - BRAIN ran an interesting article over the weekend that focused on Eugene, Oregon's home-grown bicycle manufacturing business, providing some insight into Bike Friday and Co-Motion Cycles. Read the complete story HERE.

Tandem Folks in the News: Simon Giles & Matt Wadham of the UK - Simon Giles & Matt Wadham plan to begin a 300-mile ride on January 9 in an effort to raise money for Leukaemia Research. You can read the entire story HERE.

Tandem Folks in the News: The Ellis Family of Brooklyn, NY - The Ellis family from Brooklyn, NY, was spotted by a local reporter on December 28th while they were out riding in Fredericksburg, Virginia. While I struggle a bit with the idea of putting a family of 5 on a Bob Jackson tandem built for 2 with a single child seat I'm reminded, "to each their own". You can read the entire story and see a photo of the Ellis' on their Bob Jackson HERE.

Tandem Folks in the Blogosphere: Randy & Bernice, Ocala, FL - Randy posted an account of their day-after Christmas, 94-mile ride to Gainesville, FL, with friends that you can read HERE.

Why Do So Many Non-Racer Cyclists Ride Racing Bikes? Chris Kulczycki, owner of Velo Orange, along with several other cycling enthusiasts from Seattle, WA, are strong advocates of the classic touring bicycle as an alternative for non-racing cyclists who might be better served by a more comfortable ride. I recently gave myself what I refer to as my "Vintage Bicycle Quarterly Library" as a Christmas present and have been immersed in the 'classics' throughout the holiday break: it's quite interesting. Anyway, lest I digress, you can read the entire story from the Sunday Time's HERE.

Copyrights And The Internet: Yes Virginia, There Are Limits - I recently ran across a new web site catering to tandem enthusiasts that reinforced the need for budding internet Web Masters to study up on copyright laws BEFORE compiling content for a Website, commercial or otherwise. In fact, TheTandemLink.com is set up as a link site and only uses short summaries of articles on the Bulletin Board as a way of complying with the spirit and intent as well as the legaleze of copyright laws. The following are links to a couple web pages that provide pretty good information pertaining to what is protected, to include your own intellectual property.

- Copyright and the Internet, by Virginia Montecino

- 10 Big Myths about copyright explained, by Brad Templeton

Bottom Line: You can't copy other people's writings, renderings or even their link lists without first obtaining their explicit permission to do so.