Missbumble 
I'm a Cyclist!

Bikes: Specialized Dolce Elite

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Ride 62 - Winter Base Ride 2009!

Well- The post title says 2009 as if I had a Winter Base Training in 2008. Nope! Just the couch and the TV.... But alas the Bike Group in Covington (C4) and an LBS is sponsored the Winter Base Series on Saturday. We started with our first ride today of 50 miles and we go up about 10 miles a week.

It was very foggy - I took the bike down to the car, then back up to the apt to check the weather - It was really foggy! Anyway sounded ok in Conyers - so I went back to the car - loaded up the bike and embarked for the Winter Base Mileage ride. In fact, though foggy and then rainy it was pretty warm.

I will post pics later - 30 people....way cool. And on the ride are the super duper sexy biker guys. How fun to be in the gang! Me, Miss Bumble, Athena and all that!

At the store stop - a couple of the skinny guys had giant beers. Oh dear!

One rider asked the forbidden question, Have you Lost Weight? well yes - since I began riding in June - but lately not so much...anyway still alot thinner and a ton happier!

The ride was about 51 miles...13.4 pace....real nice. Lots of hills - and I saw 2 people being given a hand up the mountain. A marvelous rider - tried to help me up- but much as I liked the contact - I told him not to as I was quite capable of propelling myself up a measly 50 mile ride. HAH!

After the ride one of the guys (In fact one that plans to help me ride faster - YAY) offered to help me wash the bike since I live an apt and have no idea what i am doing when it comes to bike maintenance. So we went back and I met his family and we in fact cleaned the bike, discovered a loose spoke (he fixed) and then also learned how to put my bike in my trunk. What an awesome advenuture, I must say!

Anyhoo - I am the Bee and this much I know is true!

Last edited by Missbumble; 01-04-09 at 07:48 AM.