View Single Post
Old 01-04-09, 08:00 AM
dguest

Bikes: 2009 Specialized Crosstrail Elite, 2008 Cannondale Six13 3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The rules stated helmet mandatory and lights recomended. There were 2 Sheriffs deputies there but they were controling the vehicle traffic at the parking lots. To Bike Arkansas post They asked us to turn off our front lights so it would not deter the lighting and besides, the road was well lit anyway. This park is wooded and there are no street lights. The display is set up on the golf course and wooded areas, so they did not help the visability on the roads. and like he also said the biggest problem was the teens and even a few in their pro gear outfits that appearantly thought it was a night version of the TDF. I do not have a problem with people in cycling gear, yes I wear my teams stuff but I had rear blinkie front head light and reflective bands around my ankles. I also had a Reflective bright orange top layer on. a lot of the teens were in black or other extremely dark colors. At one point I witnessed one of these individuals clip the front wheel of a young Late20's female causing her to go down face first. The individual disappeared and the only ddescription any of use could provide was a male in black jacket and black helmet on a Trek Mountain bike.