Old 01-04-09, 05:17 PM
bdinger
Chubby super biker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by rdtompki
Great for you! I did set a mileage goal for 2009, but I'll take whatever I get. Years ago in my late 30's I ran pretty seriously and kept a running log for a few years. Finally stopped keeping track of miles and just enjoyed the journey. I'm sure cycling will follow the same path.
In my experience it did, but everyone is different. I initially set a goal then I thought more and more - and it already started getting to me. By yesterday - January 3rd - I was in the throes of guilt for not riding yet in 2009 (moving.. never.. again..) and said "enough!"

Originally Posted by The Historian
I've decided I'm not setting a mileage goal, but I am tracking miles.
It's going to kill me not to track, Neil. Good luck on your journey, with you I know it's more about the journey anyway, I wish I was wired that way

Originally Posted by mesasone
For 2009, I am wiping out the remainder of my debt by April 1st. Should be pretty easy really.

Oh, and I'm thinking of putting together a Big Dummy pimped out with a Stokemonkey electric assist and Nuvinci IGH. It's going to be a beast! (If I can get over the sticker shock, that is.)
Dude.. the jealousy. Seriously. But why a Stokemonkey? Just build up the legs, you can do it!!

Originally Posted by Mazama
I did a similar thing. I ripped the cadence wire off my cyclometer. I do like to track my miles however.
I never "got" cadence. I mean, I know you should go at a certain cadence blah blah blah, but I'm glad I never tried to watch it. I know I mash, and I'm proud of it. The monster mash. Okay, I must have more coffee...