Old 01-05-09, 08:12 AM
atcfoody

Bikes: Trek 7200fx, Surly LHT

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by brockga
I have a question for some of you guys. I have been having problems with the back of my left thigh/knee area for about a month now. If I go for a ride it will get really tight the night of and the day after the ride and continue for a few days and then it will get to feeling more or less normal. As soon as I go for another ride, feeling fine, it will come back. Is there something I need to adjust on the bike or do you think it's a problem with my leg? It did happen before I got the new bike but did not happen until about a month or so ago. Any advice would be appreciated.
First things first. That bike is fantastic! I was riding one around the LBS about a week ago, and its terrific. I can't wait to pick one up (I have to get the new commuter first).

Okay, about this knee/thigh thing. Where does it hurt exactly? Is it right behind the knee joint, or is it on one side (and is the pain in one of the "cords" that are on either side of the back of your knee), or is it above the knee, in the back of your thigh? Have you ever injured your knee before? What is the pain like (burning, stabbing, throbbing, etc., pick an adjective)? What makes it better, and does anything specifically make it worse? Just prior to this starting, did you significantly increase your millage? Do you feel like you are in front of the Warren Commission yet?

Pain type and location are a lot of what goes into sorting out a particular injury. In any respect, it sounds like you have a muscle going into spasm. It also sounds like something that could be sorted out fairly easily.

D