View Single Post
Old 01-05-09, 08:17 AM
cranky old dude

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Uh....oh!!

Yesterday the weather was great, a perfect opportunity for a nice ride...a re-entry into more frequent cycling if you will. With the stormy weather and the Holiday hustle and bustle of the past few weeks, I just stuck "The Beast" out on the back porch for a few weeks until I had the time, ambition, and calmer weather to ride it. I gathered up all my "Cold weather" gear and ventured out back to re-introduce myself to to my trusty machine knowing full well that the ride would be slow and short.....after all I'm a little rusty after six weeks off the bike.

Well I guess I'm not the only one who's a little rusty! I did this same bone-head thing last year. Duh!!!! You'ld think I'ld learn.

Oh well. These minor inconveniences are what make life exciting I guess. So I'll chalk this up as an almost ride with zero miles but some learning (maybe) and hands on involved.

I've got to take the daughter to the Apple Store today as her Mac Laptop isn't working much better than my bike is right now, but I've still got a couple days off to attend to the poor bike.

Happy Trails