Isaias

Bikes: Ridley X-Fire (carbon, white)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HC203
Charlie,
Yes the possibilities are endless. I had routed a trip that uses the AC map but then heads south into VA towards Williamsburg VA, nice area for biking, heading back west towards Richmond. Can always train home but Amtrak sucks for bikes. I did a tour in VA last year with my friend Bennett. We did Skyline, a couple of those F?#$%! gaps, down to Harrisonburg to Charlottesville and then back up to his farm in Sperryville.
After doing that I thought a pan Virginia tour might be good, mountains to sea, but maybe we should start with the tidewater. I had also thought of riding north over the bay and down the shore, but yes the Bay Bridge is an issue. Stick our thumbs out and cash to hitch a ride over the bridge? I'll save my cross country hitchhiking tales of my youth for another time.

I say we pick up the beer as we go, save Barry's legs.
Bah! You guys could always go the way I do to Ocean City ( http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path...d-via-Delaware ). Actually, you could stay on the western side of the eastern shore, go down the middle, or ride along the Atlantic. Once on the DELMARVA peninsula, you can go anywhere on it with lots of low traffic roads at your disposal.

BTW--There's campgrounds at Indian River and on Route 50 just before OCMD. And, as Max stated, campgrouds on Assateague.

Last edited by NoRacer; 01-05-09 at 06:03 PM.