Old 01-07-09, 06:58 AM
HC203

Bikes: Madone 08,Trek520,Bianchi Pista,Raleigh Tandem,Cdale SuperV

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by derath

I also question the merits of the 705 gathering ibike data. I mean I can understand using the edge 705 as a head unit for a powertap or quarq. But with the ibike you still need to have the ibike on your bars as well.

If you want to go the ibike route you can have mine. I upgraded to the Gen 3 and the upgrade allowed you to keep your Gen 2 unit. You would need to buy a wireless mount, sensors and HR strap for it.

-D
I had thought having the 705 and i-bike would be overkill as you would get the readout on the i-bike, why need it on both? I got my hr to work last night on my piddly 45 min trainer session. Seems it is the battery as it worked for about ten minutes and then faded out, but I swear I've replaced that battery twice in less than a year, though have used it quite a bit.
The offer of the i-bike is very generous but I would need to give you something or swap. I guess I could pickup the mount and sensors on their site.

I have a Garmin Vista which I've been using for tracking but the base map is so pathetic that it wasn't very good for finding ones way. I have a Mac and that has been an issue, now Garmin offers a topo map with streets for Mac. On the verge of plunking down the $80.00 for that so I can get some use of the unit.
I had originally bought it for geo-caching with my son. Of course the bike mount doesn't fit my wider diameter bars.

If you intrepid commuters are out there today then you are truly my heroes!