Old 01-09-09, 01:57 PM
NOS88

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by oilman_15106
From the postings on 50+ the Jamis line of steel road bikes is popular. I am a fan. Having started with an 853 steel frame, moving to carbon rear, then a mixed carbon tube/steel frame, off the market for a year(?) the Jamis Eclipse has now returned to an 853 steel frame.

I think this is great news. I have ridden all three of the Eclipse frame styles and the all steel is the smoothest of the bunch. The rear carbon/steel comes in a close second and the carbon/steel mix frame is just ok. Only thing different between the older 853 models and the 2009 is that the frame looks like it is a slightly sloping geometry vs. the traditional.

Here is the link: http://www.jamisbikes.com/usa/thebik...9_eclipse.html

I beg to differ. While all three versions are fine bikes, I find the carbon/steel mix frame to be the smoothest of the three. The rear end is a bit more skittish on fast downhills than the full steel version (the carbon rear only seems to me to be about the same). Personally, I'd rather they kept the carbon/steel mix for the model. Not only was it a smooth ride, it looked classy, and we all know that makes you go faster.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
P1000428.jpg (99.6 KB, 59 views)

Last edited by NOS88; 01-09-09 at 02:18 PM.