Old 01-09-09, 11:14 PM
wheel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Man on the Street interview Aspen CO (my trip)

Unlike some people my tour was less popular and less supported. I still think I did a pretty good job being an attention wh*re on my trip. I got some free yogurt and two meals which I didn't even have to ask for err beg people. People just gave it to me, much like this interview. I finally got it up on youtube, so I feel the need to be a wh*re and share.

I happen to be walking my bike through Aspen Colorado (pedestrian mall) and was offered an interview.

Note I just bought some food and yes it looks like a lot of stuff, but I am the one hauling it and I think I made that clear why I am hauling it. I would do things differently to shave off ten pounds and most of the bulky things. Also I didn't hitch any rides so I didn't disclose this information. I was on my 67 day but kinda forgot during the interview. I live in Phoenix and I think he mistook I lived in Minnesota since I told him that I was going there when I was done.

Anyone who has climbed the Independence Pass knows how remote this is. I had been out in the forest a couple days and and had trouble speaking to humans that and its so early in the morning. It is in the middle of summer and I have a arctic sweater on and tights under the pants along with wool socks. If you look closer you might see some of my geeky err safety gear I took off for the interview.
Keep in mind the 30 miles and a park or forest is mostly true through out my route. I used BLM land also. Again I was having trouble with word choice.
I never made it to CO springs and decided to take a short cut.

I was in Basalt Co when they emailed and told me to come pick up the DVD. I had asked for a copy thinking they would send me an email. So I left my bike and took the bus back to get this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPijswuweCQ
http://bahnvoyage.blogspot.com/2008_07_20_archive.html
The blog is mostly for my reference so it is rather raw.

Last edited by wheel; 01-10-09 at 01:42 AM.