Old 01-11-09, 09:18 AM
edwong3

Bikes: 2023 Zizzo Liberte

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked 71 Times in 46 Posts
Phil,

It'll be interesting to watch the progress you make on your R20 conversion. Once you're finished, maybe one day you can bring it with you to Orlando, and we can go riding through Baldwin Park, and the Cady Way Trail.

Cheers,
Ed

Originally Posted by Lugnuts001
Thanks guys. I'll update this thread as I make progress and need help. I can't tell what year it is yet, the hub is hard to read. I don't plan on restoring it to original. I plan on making a very simple single speed with coaster brake and skyway wheels. Roughly it'll look something like this one from someone named "bryanster". Imagine black Skyways and shorter handlebars, and that's pretty much it.

It reminds me of my last restoration/build, a 1982 Jeep Scrambler, but on a smaller, much more manageable scale.
Before:
Attachment 91637
After
Attachment 91638
I sold it in 2006 because it got bad gas mileage and emissions and it wasn't practical to keep. It was fun while it lasted though!

EM42, it'll sort of be like the single speed you have. Thanks for the link, I'll have to go through all your photos, but right now I have to start tinkering!