Old 01-11-09, 11:22 AM
flip18436572
Triathlon in my future???

Bikes: Junk, that is why I am here. :-)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I have bonked on a less than 2 hour ride with just water on a route that I usually only have water. I checked through my eating and drinking during that time, as I was writing down everything, and everything was similar to the same ride three days earlier and my food intake and water intake was almost exactly the same.

After that, I started taking a gatorade with me and I have not bonked since. I also carry a banana or cliff bar with me, but I am not good about eating while riding, so the gatorade helps me get the carbs that my body needs. There are other similar products, but I have no problems with gatorade, since I have used it for about 30 years now when there only flavor was lemon lime or something like that. We buy cases at SAM's because we have very active daughters in sports, so it is a good thing to have around. We use a lot of water also, but having the carbs in fluids seems to digest quicker or hit the bloodstream quicker that food doesn't. I know of others that will purchase a Snikcers bar for that extra energy.

I say do what works for you. Each body is different. I can eat spicy foods and ride for a few hours, my wife can't. Do what works for you.
Swim, Bike, Run and sounds like fun