View Single Post
Old 01-11-09, 09:53 PM
youcoming

Bikes: ParleeZ5/Parlee Chebacco/Trek Farley/Cannondale Slice/Burley Tandem

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 4 Posts
My club who I happen to be a director and tour comittee member is going thro th esame thing as in organizing a new ride. One thing I can't stress enough is make sure you have tons of volunters. Other things to consider. Setting up on line registry as most sites will also have a free page were friends could donate under riders name, make sure you have a sweep vehicle, lots of signage, quality food at SAGS include fruit and carbs of some kind lots of water, good maps and directions. Consider a goodie bag at the end, we usally get bars of some kind plus other small donated swag. Not sure what it is like in th eStates but in Canada we have to contact all communities the ride goes thru to obtain permission and deal with any insurance issues. Make sure you get this covered, as a chairman if anyone gets hurt and you do not have proper agreements with towns or cities any financial loss issues may rest on you. I hope everything works out well for you, and have fun, it's a lot of work but worth it.