Old 01-02-05, 09:07 AM
michaelwlf3
Live to Ride,Ride to Live

Bikes: 2 - GT Panteras of different vintages, Trek 1100

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ri-Ra is an Irish pub that was literally disassembled in Ireland and reassembled in downtown Charlotte, and I heard they were expanding, as a chain. Just take Tryon all the way to downtown and you'll see it.

I was down there listening to some session music, which is the kind of music the band was playing in "Titanic" while Leo DiCaprio and Kate Winslett were dancing in steerage - in fact, they were playing that very tune.

That was a hell of an idea about test riding one. There is a bike shop in Statesville, First Flight Bicycles , who sells the Surly Steamroller. Maybe he'll let me try it:

If you want to see a cool bike shop, just take 77 north to Statesville. Call them and they will direct you or get directions from Mapquest.

As far as riding goes, again, the people who have ridden with me over the past year haven't asked a second time, so I am pretty sure I am too slow for most healthy people. There is a LBS west of the
University on WT Harris called Bike Line - there are some guys there who can probably hook you up.

Since I have been here I have see exactly ONE tour going on. You'll see the odd roadie knocking around but most of the serious riding here is off road.

However, one of my favorite rides is to take route 115, old Statesville Road, all the way from where I live off WT Harris, to Huntersville, or, if I get out in time, to Cornelius. I see a lot of roadies out there riding up and down 115.

Alternatively, you could try the Greenway, which is where I go to ride when I don't have much time, but it's mostly recreational riders down there.

So I guess it's a matter of knowing where to look.

Are you mainly a street rider?