Old 01-12-09, 06:27 PM
uspspro
Tandem Mountain Climber

Bikes: Calfee Tandem, Litespeed Gravel, SuperSix Evo HM, Larry vs. Harry Bullitt (e-cargo)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
So I guess, cyclist shouldn't commute in the city areas either. Too many cars....

For as many cyclist that frequent the whole Los Altos/Woodside/Portola area, a handful a accidents per year doesn't seem so crazy to me.

Actually, riding on roads with so little traffic might be more dangerous, since drivers aren't expecting anyone, and are being inattentive.

You can get hit anywhere.

But everyone has their own idea of what is risky and which risks they are willing to take. I understand that.

So my answer to your question (Where are there roads with no/low traffic?) I would have to still say anything west of Skyline. HMB is good because it still has amenities. Highway 1 has a ton of traffic, but once you get off of it, there are many roads where you seldom see a car. I love riding out there for sure.

Then again, you had climate preferences. HMB is not that warm. It doesn't really rain any more than the Bay side, but many more cool, foggy/cloudy days than on the other side of the hills.