Old 01-13-09, 12:31 PM
purevl
CroMosexual

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 23skidoo
In the photos below you can see the black Dia Compe hoods are a pretty good fit on the Turbo, while the newer and clearly lower quality Cane Creek tan hoods on the Nishiki are a poor fit.
(emphasis added by me) I'm surprised to hear that you think the Cane Creek hoods are lower quality, my experience was exactly the opposite. The last couple sets of generic Dia-Compe replacements I got before the switch to Cane Creek were pretty crummy. However, I was quite pleased with the Cane Creek replacements, the rubber is much more substantial and less tacky and it doesn't have that stupid punch-out for suicide levers that seems to tear half the time.
I'm fairly certain that the Cane Creeks are made on the 165 pattern for the common Dia-Compe levers that were found on millions of bikes. Note that the Gran Compe specific hoods have slightly "shorter" bodies. They also aren't designed for the adjuster barrels like the GC hoods, but that problem can be remedied with a razor blade and should help the overall fit substantially.

Originally Posted by USAZorro
Looks like "not". Their website is more than I'm willing to endure also under normal circumstances. Looks like even if they did have them, they'd want $60.00 for a pair. Ouch!
Too bad, good luck in your search!