Old 01-14-09, 02:47 PM
maddmaxx 
Boomer

Bikes: Diamondback Clarity II frame homebuilt.

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16098 Post(s)
Liked 1,457 Times in 1,064 Posts
If its a cold winter, then another project starts

Here we go again. Scored new clearance WTB Dual Duty XC rims from Wheel and Sprocket in Wisconson via Ebay to go along with some New Old Stock LX hubs laying in the parts drawer. Starting from the bottom up with new clothes for Dormouse's frame. I'm not sure where this one is going yet but the aim is to build a general purpose around town bike based on an MTB chassis. This will be a rim brake bike (no disc's) and will probably get the 26/36/48 touring gears. This might be the bike to take on vacations this year. I may try to score an On One Midge bar for this setup so that I can use a new set of Sora 9 speed brifters that are laying around the shop. If so I will use this as a test bed for my first use of "Travel Mates" to convert the STI brake pull to MTB linear pull and possibly a "Shiftmate" for the front derailleur. If something else comes along at a good price, all of that could change. This is the direction Dormouse was headed in last year when it got sidetracked into being my favorite trail ride.

Last edited by maddmaxx; 06-01-09 at 05:53 PM.