Old 01-14-09, 10:28 PM
ZXiMan
Raptor Custom Bicycles

Bikes: Raptor Bicycles... Fully custom carbon bikes... just the way you want them!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
You're not riding long enough. Ride more. ALOT more. You should be going long at least once (even better twice) a week as this will teach your body to burn more fat. I've found that higher intensity riding burns glycogen and less fat. I have a tougher time dropping the weight when I'm riding faster/harder but if I ride LONGER at lower intensity (say Zone 2 for instance) I lose weight faster.

5'7" and 105 pounds is scary THIN. 125-130 pounds sounds good for a woman of your height.

I'm 5'10" and weigh around 172-175 pounds. I'm a guy though so it's hard to compare. I average around 10,000 miles a year. I'd love to weigh what I did back in high school (160-163 pounds) but with my build, I'd look silly (and I'd probably lose muscle mass) if I lost any more weight.

Crunches and sit ups might help to tone the tummy area and having a STRONG core can't be bad for motorcycle racing or cycling! (grins)

Originally Posted by Katie785
Here's the history:
I'm 5'7, female and currently about 128-130 lbs.
ALL through high school i never went over 105 lbs no matter how much I ate

Through college i was at about 115 consistently - eating all the time.. and whatever i wanted (lots of junk food).. i never had any fat on my stomach at all..

Now, I'm 23 and I have gotten stuck at 130 lbs. I have about a 1/2 inch thick section of fat on my stomach and I want it GONE. I started bicycling to work in June 4.1 miles each way.. then riding 10-20 more miles when i got home averaging around 17 mph. I race motorcycles so on the weekends I am at the track, eating rather well and always in the out doors and heat..

It's winter now and I've had a break from riding motorcycles but got into Mtb riding and do that at least 4-6 hours on the weekends in the cold (20-40 degrees).
I go to the gym Mon - Fri and do Arms 2x a week (free weights mostly) and Legs 2x a week.
I do at least 20 min interval work out or 40-60 min cardio perday
Mon and Thursday I do swimming for 1.5 hours at a moderate pace

.. its been 3 months since i started going to the gym every day on top of riding the bicycle 12 hours a week..from 130 lbs and the lowest I have seen was 126 when i believe I really needed some water after a long day at work....
My goal is 122 by March when racing season starts or not so much the WEIGHT part as getting rid of the fat on my belly!
I am eating 5-6 small meals a day.. tried cutting out sugar as much as possible too
I have researched this alot and havent had any good results with anything i've tried... any suggestions?

2010 Raptor Series 7

Raptor Bicycles of Texas
Fully custom carbon bikes
940-442-3344

Last edited by ZXiMan; 01-14-09 at 10:40 PM.