View Single Post
Old 01-18-09, 09:21 AM
joshandlauri
Got another new bike

Bikes: pacific elite 3.1 w/upgrades and street slicks, got an iron horse maverick now, cannondale sr800, gt gtr pro rival

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Saturday Ride Report

I wore what I said above, my legs were cold for about 5 minutes and warmered up, I always have problems with my hands so this time I put on both gloves and pulled the fleece over the bottoms og the gloves and then used my velcro leg reflectors to hold them there, this worked real real good, no cold air could creep in the bottoms of the gloves, my hands were warm, no joke warm nealy the entire time.

So back to the ride, I took boston st into the city, cut throguh the harbor and got onto the bike path @ the harbor, went up conway to the gywnn falls trail till I got to annapolis rd, I took that to daisy then to holins ferry. Basically the route as the monument ride. I saw a ton of cops around the trail and the parking lots at the stadium. After getting to the inlaws, I was warm, except my feet, they were starting to get cold. I hung out for a few minutes, I popped open the toe warmers and stuck them in, Took about 41 minutes to do the 12 miles, I was pumped and warm the whole way in I was able to avg pretty high espeially for the 18 degree ride.

After telling the inlaws I don't need a ride home and convincing them I would be ok, I left about 4pm, I heasd out and due to several short descents, holins ferry, annapolis rd (2 descents) my hands were pretty cold when I reached the raven stadium, plus the wind felt like it picked up ALOT,I then got a little discombobulated and ended up cutting through the ravens parking lots and coming out by camden yards. I could have made a left and got to lombard (but I was afraid it would be closed off) or a right and took 395!! So instead I broke the rules and took the crosswalk and side walk to the harbor, there was a ton of people there, I'm coming on the bike trail at a speed below 15 and people and just standing in the bike lane, I had to go around these ****ers and off curbs. I saw a crowd and heard some Obama chants and stopped for a moment to see one of the TV's by the harbor. I didn't stay long as I wasn't dress to stand still. I got back over to boston and the wind seemed pretty bad to me. By the time I got home the only thing that was cold but not even that bad was exposed parts of my face around my eyes.
Good ride 25 miles, about 1.5 hours, Avg 16.5mph

Also I started with 1 bottle of HOT water, it stilll froze prety quick, would gatoraid freeze as fast? it does have salt in it right?

Hopefully I'll be able to squeeze in some rides this week after work 430pm or so, looks like I'll be fixing the wifes car finally, on saturday, me need more ride time!!!!

Last edited by joshandlauri; 01-18-09 at 10:19 AM.