Old 01-20-09, 03:37 PM
toppcatt

Bikes: Brompton, Scott Hardtail, Van Nicholas Euros

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by folder fanatic
There are many things you can do to improve any model from any year of the Brompton bike. ... Personally I think that the part: Saddle Adapter Pin with Quick Release is what you need. Over here in the US, C.M.Wasson Co. offers the part. I like the ability to fine tune your height as well as pedaling position with ease as seen with his own photos. You also gain the ability to remove the saddle without tools when you store the bike or travel with it.

Visit his link for more information on this and other parts and accessories: http://www.foldabikes.com/PriceListHTML/npricelist.php
I like the idea of the Saddle Adapter Pin. How does it affect the ride, it would put you quite far back over the back wheel, further from the BB. I already find myself pulling wheelies, this looks like it will increase the chance of that, could be fun! Some of the material on bike setup I have read suggest you only want to be far enough back so that your knee is in line with the pedal spindle when pedals are horizontal. Being this far back with a SAP may cause problems, I shall have to watch how it goes.

I was going to ask if anybody knew where to fnd them in the UK, but a quick Google came up with a number of stores selling them so, as a first effort for £12 it is worth a go on the existing M-Type.

I still feel inclined towards buying a new S-Type and then applying some of the great suggetsions from this thread, but may try some while I await a new bike. Any other ideas welcome. Go to visit the Consultant Orthopaedic surgeon tomorrow, so it will be interesting to see what he has to say.