View Single Post
Old 01-21-09, 12:43 PM
Elderberry
Elemental Child

Bikes: 1989 Schwinn World workhorse, 1979 Trek Summer Bike, 1995 Schwinn Moab that never gets ridden

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bobbycorno
You too, eh? Sounds to me like somebody who's never ridden a bike designed to handle a front load. 'Tain't rocket science (they had it figured out 60 years ago in France), but most bikes available these days are designed around carrying ZERO luggage.
What you say is true, but I wasn't referring to carrying a large payload on one's handlebars- rather a bag just big enough for a bit of food, phone, map, etc. I should have been more specific. Most bikes today are indeed very race-centric, made to go fast, handle snappy, and not much else, but there are still quite a few touring and rando bikes that can hold loads and retain stability just fine.

Originally Posted by TommyL
This is not meant as a slam on Elderberry but a question out of pure curiosity: Are you intentionally posting to a two year old thread? This happens from time to time and I am always curious why. Often times I don't notice, but the subject of PBP got my attention.
Whoa... I didn't notice the date of this thread at all. Thank you for pointing this out, and I'll pay a little closer attention to this in the future, as there's really no use in opening these things back up, eh? To be fair, it isn't quite two years old just yet...