Old 01-22-09, 01:56 PM
yangmusa

Bikes: Brompton H6, Schwinn Mirada, Cruzbike Sofrider. Used to own: ICE B1, 2 F-frame Moultons, Koga Myata Elevation 5000 mtb, Challenge Hurricane, Riese & Mueller Birdy Silver, Actionbent Tidalwave 3

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by BruceMetras
After riding the Birdy and a Reach Trekking back to back for the last few months, I agree with your assessments.. the Reach on 451's is a faster ride, requiring less energy output while maintaining improved stability .. I like 451's a lot, too bad there is not a wider selection of tires ..
Hey Bruce,

Which tires do you have on your Birdy? I have the stock R&M tires, but have been considering upgrading to Schwalbe Stelvios. It would be an expensive upgrade though, and I don't want to spend any money on the Birdy until I can get the blasted thing to stop creaking I feel a bit fickle to sell a bike because it creaks, but it really annoys the hell out of me.

This weekend we rode over the Golden Gate Bridge, which is basically a traffic sewer where you can hardly hear yourself think. Afterwards, my wife asked if that was my bike creaking - yes, she even heard it over the sound of traffic!