View Single Post
Old 01-24-09, 09:23 AM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Supposed to be saving Money--Well I did.

Today I had to go shopping- well not shopping but to the Travel agents to find out about Air Fares and travel problems to America. I did hear that there is a recession in the UK- wish someone had told the queue that was trying to book holidays Etc in The town- so I went shopping instead. Into the LBS and I need a warm Long sleeve jersey. Looked on the racks and nothing warm enough- good enough- or value enough to catch my eye. The owner pulled me aside and told me I would not find what I want on the racks- They are in the Drawers out the back. So I made the coffee again as he dealt with a customer. Then he pulled out a couple of jerseys for me to look at. They were good but one was a lot thicker- warmer and made of breathable material. was also damp proof according to the label so tried a medium on. I must have put on weight so looked for a large. Then I saw the label-- ASSOS. I can't afford ASSOS and definitely not the ones made of Airblock material. These are $300 jerseys and no matter how good they are- I am not paying that much for a jersey. The owner insisted I try the large and it felt perfect. Then he told me the jersey was last years pattern and would not cost me that much. Suffice it to say that I have gone upmarket on jerseys.

http://www.primera-bournemouth.co.uk...spx?prodID=477

I got the Yellow one as I need to be seen on the road. Just hope it doesn't clash with the Giordana Bibshorts I bought last year. A top quality Jersey like this is going to be an investment. And If I can't get out on a ride- It will definitely be keeping me warm when I stand posing at the Cycle events I plan to visit this year.

And on sizing-Don't worry about the sizing table on any Italian manufacturer- as I don't think they do either. Either those Italians are Ultra slim or have very long Arms- The Large fits me perfectly- except for arm length. (5'6" with a 38" chest)

Spike Milligan