Old 02-01-09, 09:38 AM
Wogster

Bikes: Old Bike: 1975 Raleigh Delta, New Bike: 2004 Norco Bushpilot

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by knzn
I am going to looking at a Trek 1000 this morning and have some questions. First of all searches here and on the internet are all over the good bike/bad bike spectrum. I know it is entry level.

What I have not found yet is what is it's geometry designed for? The owner says it is frame type "M" what ever that means. Is it relaxed/touring, or more racy?

Ok for a first road bike for a 50+ clyde?

Oh, edited to add that I am not sure of the year, but fairly new. Blue/White if it matters. Very low miles.
Often where you get the bad bike opinions it's like the guy who wants to buy an entry level bike, but expect high level performance. Kinda like the guy who wants a $10,000 Chevy Aveo that drives like a $100,000 Corvette ..... If you take it for what it is, an entry level bike, that you will probably want to upgrade to something else in a couple of years, you will not be disappointed.

The 1000 was Trek's entry level relaxed geometry road bike, probably a Mens frame. They dropped the 1000 last year and renumbered the next model up, the 1200 as the 1.2. So it could be as new as 2007, this isn't really a concern though, as long as everything works properly and the price is reasonable.