View Single Post
Old 02-01-09, 06:39 PM
SharpStone30888

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks Michael,

Yea water should do for now i'll worry about the sports drinks if I start doing longer rides.

I also today went for a 9.2 K ride which took 34 minutes, so my average speed for the two trips is about 16.5 km/hr (or ~10 miles/hr). The thing with the recovery, I get home and sit down with a glass of ice water for about 15 minutes, then I have a nice sandwich (one of those super wholegrain breads), so there is lots of protein and fibre in there, I usually have lettuce, chicken, tomato and carrot on the sandwich. Then I have a drink of apple juice.

I don't really do a warm up and cool down, I should take the first few minutes at a lower speed, then after just drop into a lower gear and do the block around my house.

I'll check out your website aswell. I've heard that with training you need rest, generally every second day you exercise, so I broke that rule by training twice in a 24 hour period. My muscles will need to heal

If I see any kangaroos I will be bloody shocked, they are never seen here, If I went out to the kangaroos it would be too hot to ride.

I am having to ride before 9AM and after 7PM because its just so hot this time of year, we seem to be pushing 40 degrees every day (Celcius, I don't know the conversion). So the water is nearly all gone on even a half hour ride, I might need another water bottle holder.

Thanks again.

Chris

Last edited by SharpStone30888; 02-11-09 at 07:34 PM. Reason: spelling mistake