Old 01-07-05, 07:02 PM
DnvrFox
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Okay - I guess I am one of the guilty ones on this topic.

So I thought I was invincible 4 months ago, that I was in great shape, but I got hit by something that stopped my bicycling cold. And I discussed it on this forum, because it DID stop or slow down my bicycling, and because, honestly, I was scared s*****ss.

And the funny thing is that it can happen to any of us.

Through this group, I have found, both through posting and by private mail, a number of folks who have or are going through the same thing, and they are all wondering the same thing: "How does this affect my life and my exercising (read bicycling)."

And it has been of tremendous help to me to correspond with others about these issues, and to be able to be reassured that I can cycle and other things.

Every single one of us - every one - can get hit with a problem that throws us for a loop. And, sadly, the chances that will happen increase greatly as we add more years to our lives. And it all affects our cycling and our health, and it helps to have other bicyclists with whom to discuss these issues.

What seems strange to me is that is that the thread I have been posting to is entitled

"Harrowing Experience - Update On Palpitations"

which is easily recognized, and which a person must make a conscious choice to read, because they KNOW what it will be about.

If it bothers you, then why read it?

Anyway, I am going to keep posting despite Ron's and other's wishes because I have encountered so many folks going through the same thing, and I have received so much good advice and support from many in this group. and, yes, it IS bicycling related.

So, put me on your "ignore" list, avoid any threads where the title makes it clear, and lighten up a bit!

Last edited by DnvrFox; 01-07-05 at 07:10 PM.