Old 02-03-09, 12:58 AM
CMC SanDiego

Bikes: Too many to list, all titanium or steel.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
I'm going to post my 2 best

I'm new here and haven't posted any of my great finds until tonight. The first is a Centurion Accordo. I picked up as I walked past a guy setting up a Saturday morning garage sale. He was just hanging a sign on it that said "free" (that has to be the one of the best signs I've ever seen). The equipment was in such bad shape that I had to strip it all off, and I could never get the derailler to attach again properly (it doesn't have a brazed on hanger) so I took the cheap route and turned it into a fixed gear. I know some consider that sacrilege, but I'm confessing now and may do penance later.

The second is the best find ever, it cost me $5 more than the Centurion but it's worth every cent. A Fuji America Touring Series V. The bike was being used as a clothes rack at a garage sale just over a week ago, when I bought it the lady was obviously upset that she had to find a new place to hang the wetsuit and other clothes she had on it. I'm still in the process of cleaning and lubing everything. This one will stay original, and get used frequently. I'll post final pictures in a couple of weeks after I complete it.