Old 02-04-09, 02:47 AM
ahfunaki

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
New to this, am I going to destroy my bike? And other general questions...

Well I'm new to this whole cycling thing, so I have some general questions about the bike that I recently bought.

Last year a couple of my friends bought Trek 1000's and started getting into cycling a bit, so I recently decided to join them and pick up a bike.

So my first question is did I get a good deal on the bike? I'll list the bike and everything I received with it.

2006 Trek 1200 56cm in like new condition ( I'm about 6' tall so this should be the right size for me )
Bontrager SSR's ( as far as I know, these are upgraded wheels from the original )
Cateye Astrale 8 Computer
Blackburn Quadrant Headlight
Blackburn Mars 3.0 Taillight
Shimano PD-M520 Pedals
Nike shoes that go with the pedals ( that were conveniently my size, and are also in like new conditon )
And 2 additional Bontrager tubes

Here is a blurry cell phone pic I took of it:

I ended up getting everything for $575

I thought I got a great deal on everything, but I'd like other opinions on it...

And the other main question I have is, am I too big for this bike?

I never thought about size being a factor in a bicycle except for the frame size until I saw this section on this forum and it kind of worries me cause I'm a pretty big guy.

I'm about 6' tall and weigh about 250-260lbs. I'm just scared now that I'm going to get on this bike when the weather breaks in a couple months and destroy a rim, or crack the carbon forks/seat post on this bike.

Is there anything I should be worried about? Or am I good to go? I plan on going down to my local bike shop in the near future to get the bike checked out and to get it adjusted to fit my size so I'll ask them when that happens, but until then I'd like to get some insight from the people on here.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance...