Old 02-04-09, 08:31 AM
cat4ever
Cat WTF

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cslone
It appears to be a relatively easy process. Is it legit, or just another money maker for USAC?
You bet. In surfing around to all the blogs I go to, I've found several level 3 "coaches" trying to sell their "coaching services" for $XXX/month. You can't shake a stick without hitting a USAC coach.

To get to level 2 you have to attend so many hours of clinics/seminars (it's not much). I don't remember if you have to take a test for an upgrade. We have a few coaches on our team, so that's where I got my information from. I thought about it too, but it seemed like Ohio's old emissions test for cars - everyone passes and it was just another money maker. My money was better spent elsewhere.

If you're just in it to learn, borrow the reading material from Paul. If you want to be a coach, in my opinion, you don't need to spend the money to be USAC certified. With your background in power training and your work, I would delve into the physiology/power link and not spend the yearly money updating a license that anyone can get and (in my opinion) is most often abused by those trying to sell a service. If you're a team director, it looks good on the resume though.

But what do I know?